Wednesday 16 July 2014

Demonstration of civic lessons

“Tell me and I’ll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I learn”. Benjamin Franklin.
To make the students aware of democratic procedures we at  The springs  conducted  election of students representatives  by using electronic software.

This will definitely inculcate civic sense among children. We build  a democratic school atmosphere , in which students make choices  and decisions that affect their daily lives.
 Students do not want lessons regarding civic but they need opportunities to practise civic behaviour.Our school election was  a wonderful opportunity  and a great experience for  our students to  practise the democratic way of electing their representatives. The election was done “for the pupils of  the pupils and by the pupils”.
        Our students submitted their nomination on 23rd June before the chief Election Commissioner . They  published their election manifestoes and  started  campaigning. The students were very much enthused  and all casted their votes with utmost care.

Most people  read history , many teach history, but very few create history.

0 comments:

Post a Comment